By attending the ARM TechCon 2013 conference and expo this week in Silicon Valley, California, Echelon got confirmation that its extensive expertise in connecting and controlling networked devices puts the company in an ideal position to address the burgeoning Internet of Things (IoT) market.
ARM TechCon, held this year at the Santa Clara Convention Center October 29 – 31, focused on issues surrounding the embedded industry in general, and the ARM architecture in particular. On Day 1 of ARM TechCon, Echelon:
- Announced plans to bring its 25 years of experience in networking and controlling more than 100 million industrial devices to the emerging Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) market
- Introduced its IzoT™ platform for creating highly reliable communities of devices
- Released beta version of its IzoT multi-protocol stack for the ARM architecture, including example reference implementations for the popular Raspberry Pi development platform
- Announced that the IzoT software stack will be available in January 2014 as part of Marvell’s Easy Connect software development kit (SDK) for the Marvell Wi-Fi Microcontroller platform
At the same time, Patrick Moorhead, president and principal analyst of Moor Insights & Strategy, released a new research paper titled, “Connecting with the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)” that segments the new market and reinforces the importance of the kind of robust connectivity at which Echelon excels. And many of the sessions and other talk at ARM TechCon revolved around the promise and requirements for the IoT.
As Varun Nagaraj, Echelon SVP and General Manager, Internet of Things, tweeted from ARM TechCon: “Cloud connectivity for the IoT is more than just ‘smart products’–it’s about connecting smarts to one another.” That includes just the kind of smart connections that Echelon has been providing for its entire history.
Visit http://www.armtechcon.com for more information on the ARM TechCon conference and expo.
You might also like:
- Moor Insights & Strategy Research Paper: Connecting with the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Moor Insights & Strategy Research Paper: Behaviorally Segmenting the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Echelon’s microsite on its IzoT platform and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)