At this year’s LIGHTFAIR International (LFI), the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference, Echelon will be shining a light on its wireless and wired connectivity solutions for lighting control under the Lumewave by Echelon brand. LFI will take place in Javits Center, New York City, May 5-7.
This year, Echelon will be seen and heard in multiple booths and on speaker panels, suggesting various ways that networked lighting can serve as the basis for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications.
Demonstrations will take place in the Echelon booth #3373, as well as in the Avnet booth #666 and the Cree booth #1657.
- The ‘Lumewave by Echelon’ wireless outdoor lighting control products, aimed primarily at the North American market, will be showcased in the Echelon booth. Products displayed include the MWX-LVE-180U and MWX-LVE-90U Bluetooth-enabled very long-range microwave radar-based sensor and controller, specifically designed for controlling street, pathway and area lights. Attendees will see an outdoor lighting demo using lights from Leotek controlled by the TOP900-TLX controller. (Echelon booth #3373)
- LED lighting will be featured in the Echelon outdoor lighting control demo in the Avnet lighting booth (#666) and the Cree booth (#1657). The demo will show how a Lumewave by Echelon TOP900-TLX wireless lighting controller and LumeStar software can be used for commissioning and managing the system. Attendees will see dimming and energy management as well as how easily the system is deployed.
- An indoor lighting proof-of-concept demo will be displayed in the Echelon booth. This demo shows how building owners can leverage the same Power Line wiring that already exists in a building to control color tuning in LED indoor lighting. Echelon’s networking control technology and SmartServer smart energy manager are featured, controlled using a low-cost tablet computer. (Echelon booth #3373)
- Echelon CEO Ron Sege will speak on a panel titled “Transformation of the Lighting Industry to an Integrated Electronic Platform” (Session #L15SM04) on Wednesday, May 6, from 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. along with panelist Menko Deroos, CEO and co-founder, Xicato.
- Echelon’s CTO Sohrab Mohdi will participate in a panel called“Lighting, Building Automation and IIoT Convergence: Perils and Promise” (Session #L15C04) on Wednesday, May 6, from 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Other panelists include John Curcio, chief commercial officer, Cupertino Electric; Jerry Mix, CEO, Finelite Inc.; and Noah Goldstein, research director, Navigant Research.